I’m happy to reveal the latest regular update for retro-styled sci-fi strategy game Invasion: Neo Earth. Version 1.3.0 is all about quality of life improvements, plus some gameplay and sound tweaks.
Changes with 1.3.0-
- When Officer unit selected, hovering the cursor over an enemy with tooltips enabled displays that enemy’s weakness to damage types.
- Added ‘not all units moved’ prompt when changing from movement to shooting phase
- Added ability to disable above prompts in options menu (at both start menu and in-game)
- Changed the style of moved and fought markers to be less visually intrusive
- Added text to damage type icons in UI to help players become familiar with the damage types
- In the select units menu, the formation position shift markers are now clickable in addition to using the cycle forward button
- Scrolling camera now pauses when pause menu opened
- Added audio cues for changing phase/turn
- Added new alien death sounds
- Adjusted the default volume balance of music and SFX in favor of BGM being slightly less dominant than SFX
Don’t forget you can follow @iao_dev on Twitter for regular development updates, of which plenty more are planned.